Thursday, March 31, 2011

Oh Baby! pt 3

In addition to all the "sweets" in the baby shower gift basket, I added these wooden letters of the baby's initials. They were made to match the baby's bedroom, done in pink, red, green and ladybugs.



I decoupaged patterned paper onto the letters with ModPodge. It leaves a very shiny finish, which I liked for a little girl. However, I am experimenting with other types of adhesive for a more matte finish. If anyone has a suggestion...I'd love to know what has worked for you!

Even with the shine from the ModPodge, I added Martha Stewart fine glitter (color: Crystal) to the mix before coating the tops of the letters. A little ribbon, Stickles, and ladybug embellishments...and Ta-Da! It's complete.

Just as a side note: I LOVE my MS fine glitter in Crystal. I find a use for it in many of my projects. If you are looking for a good multi-use glitter, I highly suggest it. It is super-fine which provides a great overall glimmer without being over-bearing. And I love the fact that you can't see each individual flake of glitter like so many others. It isn't the cheapest glitter out there, but don't let the price scare you off. A little goes a LONG way.

Enough about that. Thanks for stopping by! Tomorrow: the 4th and final Oh Baby! posting. On today's agenda: making hairbows!

No comments:

Post a Comment