Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My Little Man turns 2!

      I can't believe my baby boy just turned 2! It seems like just yesterday we were announcing that we were expecting. He is a ball of energy with such a sweet spirit. As with most parents, I think my favorite things are hearing him say "I love you", and hearing him laugh. He has the most contagious, uninhibited laugh! 
      
     We celebrated his birthday with a party fit for a "Little Man". It was a Milk, Cookie and Mustache Bash. I thought it was such an original and unique idea...until I started looking on the internet to purchase things for it...and found a ton! I worked with an amazing designer on Etsy that sold entire party printable packs for this exact theme. A few color and wording changes later, and the invites were the perfect start to planning this bash. 

Special Thanks to Robin at Paper Clever for the
invites, banner, food tags and favor tags! Check out her Etsy shop!
  

    

     The backdrop (given to me by a sweet friend-Thanks, Carla!) created a real focal point. I used gift wrapped boxes to add height on the table. 







     We had 6 types of cookies and 3 kinds of milk. A friend let me borrow some awesome antique milk bottles and a vintage milk sign. (Thanks, Chrystal!) I cut some mustaches from black cardstock with my Cricut and added them to the paper straws in the Frappuccino bottles. 






      My dear husband came up with the great idea of creating an Andy Warhol inspired collage of our son, which we used to play "Pin the Mustache on Jacob". Guests had fun with the paper photo props and collection of ties...even some clip-ons for the little ones! ;) We played "Name that Stache" and had some "Wooly Willy" games. Favors were white chocolate "milk mustache" lollipops. 

     A tradition we started in our family was to have a children's book "guestbook". We invite our friends and family to write a special note to the child. Our oldest still loves for us to read her every note from all 4 of her birthday books. I think at this point she can recite them to us, but they mean so much to her and I know they will for years to come! 


Printables: Paper Clever (http://www.etsy.com/shop/paperclever)
Paper Straws: Creamy Cakes (http://www.etsy.com/shop/creamyspecialtycakes)
Name that Stache game: Busy Chickadees (http://www.etsy.com/shop/BusyChickadees)
Mustaches: Cricut digital cart: Mustaches & Glasses



No comments:

Post a Comment