Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bridal Flip Flops

A lifelong friend of mine got married over the summer and she really wanted to wear flip flops with her wedding dress. When I heard this, I knew exactly what I wanted to make for her!


These were made with a pair of white Old Navy flip flops, yarn, and Swarovski crystals. It was a fun project but to my surprise, it was time consuming. The yarn was very thin so it took a while to wrap it around the straps. When wrapping the yarn, make sure to pull it tight, hot gluing after every inch or so. Using my hot fix tool (which I LOVE), I added the crystals to the outer edge for that extra "glitzy sparkle".

You could get really creative with these flip flops. Try using satin or grosgrain ribbon for a more "everyday" look. Add a rhinestone, flower or bow to the center piece. Get creative & have fun!

1 comment: