Thursday, January 27, 2011

C is for Cookie

Right before Christmas this year, I decided I wanted to learn how to make decorated sugar cookies. I have tried my hand at cake decorating a few times, so I already had many of the basic supplies to begin this new hobby. After spending countless hours searching websites for recipes and tips, this was my first attempt at decorated sugar cookies...

I was suprised at how cute they turned  out!

I have made MANY more cookies since this first batch...most of which you will see posted in the near future. I am still in search of my FAVORITE recipes & techniques, but I learn something different with each new batch. So far, I'm pretty sold on the rolled sugar cookie recipe from Glorious Treats. Her cookies are gorgeous, and her website is so helpful for this newbie! I have tried a few other dough recipes but nothing comes close to hers! For this first batch, I also used the Royal Icing recipe posted on her website. It was great to decorate with...easy to make, smooth application, beautiful finish. The only problem with royal icing is that is dries very hard, thus making it difficult to bite into. My personal preference is a softer icing, but if you like royal icing, this one was great!




My favorite part of this little guy was his nose. I actually got it to stand up. Not condusive for packaging, but pretty cute!




1 comment:

  1. You did a great job on the cookies. They look really delicious. Take care.
    Chrystal

    ReplyDelete